Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lexies 2nd christmas!

Our tree and the presents we woke up to that morning :) It was too early for her. She didnt care much for her presents, just for her blankie ...

didn't understand much of why these toys came wrapped..




I love this of her -- just wish her head wasnt cropped in half :(
On new years day, Lexie got to open one present right before bed. She chose to open her laptop. and save her bigger presents for tmrw :) Lexies Daddy had the bright idea of waking up at 5 in the morning and opening presents on Christmas. Lexie, nor I, was very thrilled to be awake at 5 in the morning. I heard Lexie crying a little bit. Buit, she went back to sleep and I rolled over for sleep. I guess you could say we were not too excited. So we slept til 9 and finally woke Lexie up. Really though Lexie probably should have just slept til she was ready to wake up. Because she wasn't in the best of moods. She wasn't crying. Just wasn't as fun as I anticipated. She wasn't doing much opening of the presents. She needed a lot of help. She was a whole lot more interested when it was all unwrapped and she could play with it. After finally playing with a toy she was pretty atatched and didnt want to put it down so she could open more. After opening all of our presents I put her down for a nap. and Johnny attempted to put her four wheeler together so when she woke up we could have it charged and ready for her to ride! He put the steering wheel threw where it was supposed to go. Then, it broke.. I now realize how I got her a power wheels for fifty dollars. Didnt even last a day. I was pretty sad. and very much dreading the thought of having to return things after Christmas. After she woke up we went to my moms for christmas. She got a baby and stroller which she loves. Ron put the stroller together because there was SO many peaces. and I couldnt figure it out. Then, Lexie went to her Daddys for Christmas dinner and presents. Finally, by the time that I got her back she was SUPER ready for a nap again. She didn't realize that there was still more excitement and one more place there was to go for her to open more presents. :) So, after waiting a couple hours of her nap time I couldnt wait anymore. I woke her up and we went to my dad and Jenns for christmas at there house. WHAT A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS. It always is awesome every year. I finally got my laptop I've needed for so long. and a thing to store all my pics on just incase something does ever happen to this laptop. So, i can finally post pics again. and posts whenever my internet decides to work for me. Lexie got tons of stuff. Clothes, toys, books that talk, etc. She also got a drum set I think she will have a lot of fun playing with. pretty neat idea. and what I love the most about it is there is actually a place to put all the peaces.. So I dont find them all around the house.
New Years 2010 we had a blast!! Lexie actually got to stay up until around 12:05. She got so see the ball drop. Not that she understood what that meant. That was staying up LATE for her. She slept until 1:30 the next day. I was very happy she let me sleep in :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you posted this. Lots of memories here. I guess when they are little, it is just best to leave the presents unwrapped. Glad she let you sleep in yesterday. That would've been nice! She does sleep for about 12-14 hours a night usually so you are lucky. Summer would still get up by 8:30 if she stayed up that late. LOL I can't wait to see her tomorrow. Been thinking she needs to spend the night again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I better get started on another blanket cause she's going to wear that one out. Makes me happy though that she loves it so much. I love the smile she gets on her face when she sees it!

    ReplyDelete